Drying Wet Carpet – Chem-Dry Red Rose Emergency Service
Drying wet carpet puts most customers in an uncertain position. Do you try and fix it yourself or get an expert in? Flooded properties are usually a quite rare event. In the Central Coast, we have weather events that can play havoc with homes and contents from time to time. In other cases, the water may come from a burst flexi hose, cistern leak, hot water system or bath overflow.
We are there to fix your soaking carpets. During the past thirty years, Chem-Dry Red Rose has been drying wet carpet for thousands of customers in the Central Coast. It is our leading emergency restoration service.
What Can You Do Before We Get There?
- Move all contents and furniture to a dry part of your home. This is not always possible as the entire property may be inundated with water. In some instances, furniture may be too heavy or bulky to move. It could also be that your health prevents you from doing much of the preparation work. The best place to put wet contents is either outside or onto a tiled area. Just do as much as you can and we will take care of the rest.
- Make sure that pets and small children are confined to an unaffected part of the home if at all possible. At times, the wet carpet may be contaminated and present a health hazard. It is best to avoid or limit exposure to such hazards if at all possible.
What Does Our Drying Wet Carpet Service Entail?
- Inspection and assessment of the damage. It may be that your carpets are so damaged or contaminated that we will need to remove and dispose of carpets and underlay. Our technicians will guide you as to the scope of work required and the costs involved.
- Moving of furniture and limiting damage to contents. In many instances wet carpets result in damage to furniture, rugs and other items. Chem-Dry Red Rose will always try to limit the extent of your water damage. Moving contents and/or heavy pieces of furniture is not a problem for us.
- Extraction of water from carpets. We will remove as much water as possible from your carpet. Our powerful extraction equipment is specifically designed for soaking carpets. From time to time our technicians may remove some wet underlay to speed the drying process up.
- Carpet and floor drying. Our company uses a combination of blowers and dehumidifiers to dry carpets, underlay and floors.
- Carpet relaying and stretching. In many instances, the carpets need to be tensioned back onto the smooth edge. Our technicians will reposition or replace underlay where that is required.
- Carpet cleaning and sanitisation. Water can cause unsightly stains. Our process will remove stains and bacteria to ensure a return to dry and healthy carpets.