Specialist Chem-Dry Red Rose Service
What are Rug Tassels?
The question “how do you clean rug tassels?” is one we quite often receive from our Central Coast customers.
Many rugs have fringes or tassels at each end of the rug. They are made out of cotton, synthetic fibres or silk. In most cases the tassels are white or beige and show the dirt very easily. To clean tassels properly you need to clean and then quickly dry the fibres. This is a labour-intensive process combining the most effective Chem-Dry cleaning solutions with modern machines and drying techniques. The best results are achieved at our Central Coast rug cleaning facility in Wadalba.
We will collect your rugs plus deliver them back free of charge. Having the rugs at our workshop enables our rug cleaning technicians to follow all the required procedures to produce clean and hygienic tassels.
What Kind of Techniques are Used on Tassels?
- Pre-inspection and grooming of fringes to determine damage or staining issues.
- Stain treatment of gum, oil, tar, wax, grease and other types of stains.
- Spraying all of the tassels with cleaning solution.
- Agitation of the fringes followed by towel cleaning and dirt removal.
- Hot water extraction of the fringes.
- Dry towels are used to remove excess moisture.
- Repeat the tassel cleaning procedure by flipping the rug over.
- Install drying equipment to dry the ends of the rugs.
- Once dry the rug and tassels are inspected and cleaned again if initial results were not good enough.
Please remember that if you are not happy with the final cleaning results, we pledge to try harder. We will clean rug and fringes again and this time there is no additional charge. Chem-Dry Red Rose brings 30 years of rug restoration experience to the Central Coast. We are happy to do a free onsite rug inspection and give you a no obligation quotation.